5 NIGHTS HERITAGE EXPERIENCE
Day One :
- Arrive by surface from Udaipur /Ajmer or Jodhpur.
- Relax and unwind – enjoy a swim in the palm tree-lined pool explore the village antique shops, and spice-laden stores or strike a bargain with the textile merchants.
Day Two :
- Take a trip to the Kumbhalgarh Fort – declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The imposing Fort with massive battlements that stretch for 36 km and encompass nearly 300 villages is believed to be the largest constructed wall after the Great Wall of China. Built by Maharana Kumbha in the Aravallis, the Fort is hidden from view till one is almost upon it. Just an hour and a half away from Dev Shree, it played an important part in the history of Mewar. A packed lunch is sent with the guests although there are many Hotels and restaurants in Kumbhalgarh too. One returns to Dev Shree by evening.
Day Three :
- Take the local train after breakfast; where the train track traverses down a hill section of the Aravalli ranges – over bridges and through tunnels – a relaxing, picturesque journey where one gets a chance to mingle with the locals.
- Back by lunch and after a little rest one can take a jeep excursion with a family member.
- Tailored to suit the interest of the guest and depending on the local attraction of the time – a village fair, a lake where the migratory birds have arrived, a temple or step well – one drives out of the village into the rural countryside and we end up at a lake to enjoy sundowners by sunset.
- A day excursion to Ranakpur Temples- the intricately carved Jain temples.
- One and a half hours away are the famous Jain temples at Ranakpur Over 1444 marble pillars, carved in exquisite detail, support the temple. The pillars are all differently carved and no two pillars are the same. Set in the Aravalli forest the temples were protected from invasions and marauders as they were hidden from view.
- One can even enjoy a Jain meal (a vegetarian meal cooked without onions and garlic – the Jains do not consume tuber vegetables). If interested there are dhurry makers ( cotton rug weavers) in a nearby village where one can see the weaving or make a purchase.
- Back at Dev Shree by about 5-5:30 pm, one can relax or enjoy a massage by the local village masseur.
Day Five :
- On the last day, we plan a picnic lunch at a farm.
- A drive through the open country to a farm where tables are set out under a canopy.
- The traditional Rajasthani meal of, Lal Maans,( mutton) dal (lentils) and bati (bread baked on live charcoal) and chroma is cooked on an open hearth and the guests can watch their meal being prepared while enjoying a drink or walking and exploring the rugged rocky terrain.
- After the meal, one can stretch out on the “charpoys” set out in the warm winter sun. And return back to Dev Shree after a cup of chai.
The special price offer includes room and all meals and soft Drinks. Kindly see the activities included in the respective packages.
Room types available for this special offer: Deluxe Suite Room.
Taxes extra, as applicable.